Thursday, March 29, 2018

SOL 29- My Cat Had An Allergic Reaction!!!

 This story is based off yesterday evening and today. When I got home from school yesterday, I went to go get my cats Raby shots. Then as we got home a couple hours later, my younger cat Louis got allergic reaction from the vaccination.  Both of my cats got three shots each that day. It turns out Louis might’ve been allergic to one of the vaccinations you got. The first symptom of the allergic reaction was vomiting. He threw up eight times in my room. At first I thought it was normal, Like he had a hairball. Eventually something was wrong with him. The next symptom was hives and itching us around his face. His face turned so bright pink and he kept scratching his face. My mom and I  went to the nearest animal hospital to go see what was wrong with him. Turns out, the place was closed. I got so frustrated, and I knew that we had to take him to a different one. Then we called the new hospital and they were super far away from my house. The time was 10:30pm at night.  It was super late in the night but we made it to the new hospital. It was kind of expensive to get an appointment there but we were the only ones there too. While the veterinarian was looking at him they already knew that he had an allergic reaction. They gave him a steroid shot so  The swelling can go down. Finally they told us that he had to take Benadryl which is a human allergy medicine. I didn’t trust an animal taking a human substance. But the doctor recommended it. Lastly, we got home at 12:30 PM at night. It was all me the next day! Louis didn’t want to do anything for the rest the night.  He was super tired so he took a long nap. That night felt super different because usually he sleeps with me. The next morning, his face was back to normal and he was super happy to see everyone. I was super happy to see that he was healthy again. Now we just have to give him medicine before he gets his rabies shots again.  Thanks for Reading my long weird story but I hope you enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment